During this campaign, I have not talked negatively about either candidate with the girls. They are far too young and pure to hear it all. I did share with them that there is a chance for there to be a female president for the very first time. Addison was thrilled by this and each time we would pass by her picture on the sidewalk, she would excitedly tell me about it. This morning she woke up first and asked me who won, and I hugged her and let her know the results. She let me know that one day she could be president.
"And to all the little girls who are watching this, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and to achieve your own dreams."
--Hillary Clinton
I truly believe making America great again starts in the home. Our children hear our every word and watch our every choice. Each day I have the opportunity to show the girls what it means to love people, all people. I have the opportunity to be respectful and kind to my children and to people around me. And honestly, my children show me how to love and respect others. They are already so full of love and concern for all of those around them and those around the world. Daily they see so many different types of people and yet I don't know if they feel the differences. As they get older and start hearing and seeing that hate and evil also exists in the world, I believe it is my job to make sure they don't doubt their value and they possess the confidence to shine.
No comments:
Post a Comment