Sunday, October 27, 2013

The wrong kind of busy.

I generally like to be "busy". I like to plan crafts and fun outings with the girls. I like to do something special as a family on the weekend. That's my kind of busy.  A very simple, routine busy. Lately, we've been the wrong kind of busy. I put the girls to bed tonight and then had to go grocery shopping and pick up a prescription. Sunday nights are not meant for errands. All day Saturday we spent out at the house. ADT installed the alarm, Truly Nolen sprayed the house, Lowes measured the windows, we bought some fans and switches, cleaned a little more of the floor, and looked at some paint colors on the wall. I packed all week, but I only managed to pack 15 more boxes. Addison has been a good helper for the most part. Today we uncovered more baby toys in the storage closet and she took them all out. Audrey and Addison had fun playing with them. Meanwhile the house is a disaster! The clothes are all clean, the dishes are clean, but there is clutter everywhere. I know it's temporary and that when packing things always look worse before they look better, but it's making me anxious! All the extra busy work with packing and the house stuff is getting to Addi too. She has been having accidents, misbehaving more than usual, and just off. Tomorrow we are putting our 30 day notice in and I couldn't be happier. We should also sign the contract with the contractor. Let's get this rolling! The thing that really upset me today was that we didn't carve a pumpkin or even buy a pumpkin. I know this sounds extremely silly and it's just Halloween, but I like family traditions and our busyness has taken the fun out of fall! I can't seem to find a "pumpkin patch" anywhere and I should have just bought a pumpkin from Lowes. I'm hoping to find one on Tuesday when I have the car. Sorry for such a negative post.

With all that said, I am also feeling very blessed. I love our new home. I love my girls. I love my husband and I love the way he loves on the girls. Life is good, very good. I just don't want to be too busy to enjoy it.

I have two garbage bags full of baby clothing items that Audrey has outgrown already. I just want to freeze time for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment